Sunday, January 26, 2014

...

I want that one great love affair before I die...
I want that summer kiss on the beach
I want the butterflies to still be there in the winter chill
I want the one thing that eludes me, a touch that is real.

I guess I want a little too much
So instead of wanting, I shall count what I have
Blessings, challenges and everything in between.
Life is fuller when you have less things.

Puppies playing and kittens pouting,
Children laughing, and activists shouting
Sunrises and moon dreams
Flowers bursting at their seams.

Bugs proving alien life forms
Evolution rewriting the norm.
Women stronger, men are allowed to feel
Fighting against inhumanity, keeping it real.

Dancing by myself, as the last daily thing I do.
Don't look at me like I am crazy, don't you do it too?
Maybe tonight I will go for a ride
Drive til the stars fill the emptiness inside.


tlc
1.26.2014





No comments:

Post a Comment