Saturday, January 25, 2014

I CHALLENGE YOU

Find Common Ground

      We need to find where we agree instead of yelling about what we do not. I cherish those that oppose me, for there are parts of me that also oppose what I think sometimes. I do not need to halt my learning process by thinking I know enough, I can never know enough. 
     We need to lay down the "I'm right" ego, and willingly play the "I'm wrong" side. I heard a saying recently that I agree with, "We need to learn to swim with the current, not against it." Sometimes I think my way is right, even though everyone else seems to be on a different page. I need to look at their page, and try to get on it if I hope to move forward towards our common goals. Ultimately I would rather be effective, than be stuck back in the rough rapids of being the one that is "right".
    I dare you to love. I dare the Sarich's and the McPeak's to meet and have coffee. I dare the 420leaks and the activists on the bill committees to have table talks so that we can all provide the best road to which we must all travel. I dare you try to to become united, not just in appearances but also in heart. 
     Ask yourself, where were we 5 years ago. We were united. Why are we not united now? Ego. If you are pointing the finger at someone, regardless of what they are doing, you must also point it at yourself.
     We are all the same, and we are all in this together. I challenge you, for the sake of the patients, get it together, find common ground, title that playground, One Love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment