Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Thought I Saw An Elephant Fly

I have always felt closest to this animal. I have always felt it's spirit. Tonight I think I understand why. I think I identify with them. My inner thought is that I always remember. Even when I want to forget, I remember. The act of letting go of a memory is terrifying, even if it would serve me to let it go. As I build memories, I store them, the ones that I shed tears within, to protect me from shedding tears again. Tonight for some reason I decided that even if I shed those tears, sometimes some today's are worth the tears. I wonder though, at what point I hold them and say those were significant enough to run away.... I am tired of running away.. I am tired of walking to the fire in fear of being engulfed when instead I can dance with the fire and not get burned. There are parts of me that will not allow me to not remember, I have that ingrained within my soul, I need to learn to just walk through it, instead of altering my path to avoid it. If I keep my head in the clouds, the universe becomes my daily mirror... it is time to let go of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment