Sunday, January 26, 2014

pfft

What do you do when they tell you you're dying?
You try to run away from your own skin...
You try to shove in as much living,
Because you know you won't do it again.

You hide the truth behind a smile
Because you are tired of all the tears.
You stay up endless nights in solitude,
Listening to your own unspoken fears...

You grasp at all that is happy
You latch onto all that is true
Yes when they tell you that you are dying
You kinda change your view.

You give
and don't worry about return
You become an adventurer
There is so much you want to learn.

When they tell you all hope is gone
Tears escape a stolen breath
The doorway to your dreams are just opening up
And in walks Dear ol' Death

I want to run and hide
Scream and rage
Give up and give in
My soul locked in this human cage.

I smile and walk out to face my life
Pretend I am talented and that I know how to fly
Try to be someone other than me
Kiss the moon, like it is my last goodbye.

tlc 1.26.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment